This was used as an April fools joke for Harley. It was quickly put together in one evening, but it just so happened that I was working on a 3D model of a bike helmet the same day so I was able to get the page up quickly.
The model was sourced on Turbo Squid and is about 30000 polygons which is a good size for webGL. I used Three.js to bring the model in and apply the different textures, materials and shaders to the different meshes. It also works on mobile and the rotation can be controlled by tilting the phone.
Many agency's put out an eDM or microsite for the Agency to celebrate the season. We decided this year to do some thing a little digital and a little unusual. We made a singing Christmas pudding.
The pudding is running a BareCoductive development board. The code was substantially modified to play back a series of MIDI tracks. The MIDI tracks were re-encoded into a custom format to allow the main melody sequence to be played back by tapping the pudding. Using a capacitive touch sensor, a single wire connected to the pudding provided a good conductive interface.
The plinths - made up in my kitchen, housed an internal LED floodlight controlled by the MIDI sequencer gave active visual feedback and a small stereo amplifier provided a deep sound and pleasing haptic response.
This multitouch Air application features the full suite of Acura product information, presented in a rich and engaging interactive environment. Content is synchronised over the cloud making updates effortless. I was involved in a recent addition to the application, a particle effect attractor state controlled by kinect cameras. The camera was mounted below the screen and monitored the movement of people near-by. Users positions were translated to particle attractors which created a personal effect of being able to casually influence the computer graphics on the digital screens.
I used the in-spirit open source fluid solver library to create the visual effect with a few modifications to the behaviour and other visual effects. The fluid solver renders to bitmap data and performed remarkably well. This was anther re-use of an existing Air Kinect application that plugged in with minimal setup.